New excerpt: Chapter one


The blood was all over the rug, it was a rainy day that May evening.  I could still here the loud 
shots as I layed on the ground, knocked unconscious.   As I tried to open up my eyes, I tried to 
recall.  what had led me to this moment. 
Immediately, I felt my thoughts getting away with me.  
 “ My Keyla, Please baby girl, be okay” !    
Suddenly, I could not breath, “ Oh I thought to myself it finally has happened!   As I started to try 
and open my eyes, I heard and officer’s voice calling me. 
At first all I heard was really muffled, for a second there I thought I was going deaf. 
Then my thoughts went back to earlier in the evening. 
“ Sadie, Please, calm down! Please put the gun down”!
   I thought to myself what was going on, am I dreaming, is this for real, what happened?   I kept 
trying to scream, but I felt so weak.  
“ Help me! Help me! please “ Help me”!
 “ Sadie, please, please, stop this, “ I am begging you”!
Mam!, Mam!,  called a man’s voice. 
“ Can you hear me, mam, the man, called out to her once again. 
“ Ah, yes I said trying to stay calm.   
“Good, he said in a calming tone. 
  As he continued speaking, I was in and out of consciousness.    
  I thought of happier times.   I began to see my daughter’s precious face and how happy she 
made me.   However, it was then that I began to gain this horrible feeling inside of me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing tip: The Writer's Devotional Motivation

Writing tips with Author Sylvia Stein

Editing: Sharing my first draft of Chapter 1 of Chasing Clarity from National Novel Month back in November 2013 and the Chapter 1 from the original Manuscript